NORMAN B. GAYLIS, M.D., F.A.C.P., M.A.C.R.
Dr. Norman B. Gaylis is recognized as one of the country’s leaders in the field of arthritis and related diseases, and is a practicing rheumatologist based in Miami, Florida. Dr. Gaylis has presented numerous scientific papers at medical meetings around the world, and he is the author of a number of research articles on rheumatoid arthritis and systemic lupus erythematosus and other autoimmune disorders. He is very active with the American College of Rheumatology (ACR) and is currently a member of their board. He is also a past board member of the Rheumatology Research Foundation (RRF). In 2015, he established the Norman B. Gaylis, MD Research Award for rheumatologists in community practice, to be awarded annually for the support of research in clinical practice. In 2017, he was one of the recipients of the prestigious Master of the American College of Rheumatology designation, the highest honor that the College bestows on its members. Dr. Gaylis is actively involved in ongoing clinical research trials studying a variety of treatments for rheumatic diseases and has been a Principal Investigator in over 150 new pharmaceutical products.
Dr. Gaylis is a medical graduate of the University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa, and he completed his residency in Internal Medicine and fellowship in Rheumatology in Miami. He is the chief operating officer of Arthritis & Rheumatic Disease Specialties, AARDS Research, Inc., and the Infusion & Immunotherapy Center of South Florida (IIC).
Dr. Gaylis has served as the Medical Director of Rheumatology for Cardinal Health, Continucare, and Sheridan Healthcare, Inc. He was one of the founders and a past president of the International Society for Musculoskeletal Imaging in Rheumatology (ISEMIR), past president of the Florida Society of Rheumatology from 1992-1994, and he currently serves on the Editorial Board for Rheumatology News.
- Graduate University of Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, SA
- Arthritis Training Jackson Memorial Hospital
- Cl. Assoc. Prof., Univ. of Miami Med. School (1990-2004)
- Fellow, American College of Physicians
- Founding Fellow, American College of Rheumatology
- Author, numerous papers and articles on Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, EMRI and Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Past President, International Society for Musculoskeletal Imaging in Rheumatology (ISEMIR)
- Past Board Member, ICAMRL Board of Directors
- Master of the American College of Rheumatology
- Board Member, American College of Rheumatology (ACR)
- Past Board Member, Rheumatology Research Foundation
- Past Executive Committee Member, Committee of Rheumatological Care
- Primary Investigator, Clinical Research
- Board Certified, American Board of Internal Medicine
- Board Certified, American Board of Rheumatology
- Hospital Staff, Aventura Hospital
- Medical Advisor and Past President ,Dade-Broward Lupus Foundation
- Past Editor and Contributor, Lupus Lifeline Edition
- Radio Talk Show Host for 8 years
- Author, Newspaper Column
- Past President, Florida Society of Rheumatology
- Medical Director, Rheumatology, Sheridan Health
- Medical Director, Rheumatology, Continucare
- Director of Rheumatology, Cardinal Health
- Current President, Arthritis & Rheumatic Disease Specialties